Existing Member?

Carry on Trekking

Getting closer to Argentina

BRAZIL | Thursday, 24 April 2008 | Views [740]

We've travelled a lot of distance in the last few days - a 7 hour bus trip to Curitiba and 10 hours overnight to Foz de Iguacu. National Express could learn a lot; the seats are wider, with more leg room and more recline than a plane - it certainly hasn't felt like roughing it so far (apparently not all countries are quite as good as this though so we'll have to wait and see).

As for the places we visited, Curitiba is a very clean city and feels very European with lots of parks and historic buildings. We had a fantastic German meal there - after a long bus ride bratwurst, cabbage and potatoes was lovely - and great fun exploring before heading back on the road.

We really did sleep remarkably well on the nightbus, so when we arrived in Foz it was onto the activites (after breakfast and a shower of course). A quick digression - Brazilian breakfasts are amazing - selection of fruit, breads, cheeses, eggs and of course cake; first time I've ever had profiteroles for breakfast but they were tasty. We had a great time in the bird park before the main attraction, the Iguacu Falls. These are immense and simply breathtaking to see. The falls snake around and have numerous layers - well you can see a bit in the pictures - and the sound of all the water crashing down is quite cool. Tomorrow we visit the Argentinian side which are meant to be the most amazing, can't wait.

Sarah

x

 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.