Existing Member?

asia-ash

The week just gone

CAMBODIA | Thursday, 14 February 2008 | Views [733] | Comments [1]

So we spend a few days in Phnom Penh, mainly because we needed to sort out our Laos visa and as we arrived on a Friday afternoon and the embassy wouldn't be open until MOnday.. We had some time on our hands.

We did most of the touristy things but left a few as we knew that we will have to go there again as our head off point to other destinations much like Saigon was.

WE went to the old school that was turned into a prison by the Khmer Rouge. It was pretty horrific as you can imagine. WE checked out the markets, Gee, I've gone blank... WE did do other stuff with our time.. Have to get back to that one. Oh yeah, we went to the royal palace which was amazing and the silver pagoda and the national muesum.

Anywho, we are now in Siem Reap, home to the Angkor Wat temples. We arrived last night and checked in and went straight for some dinner and checking out our part of town. We found Pub Street and decided to have some dinner there but save ourselves for the next day to have some drinks for Valentines Day.

So after dinner we headed home, with a big day planned for the next day - butterfly gardens, quadbikes, massage, dinner, drinks... That was until we got home and Matt started come out both ends. Pretty much every 5 minutes to begin with. It slowed but not much- from between 8pm and 3 am. He was burning up to and I wanted him to go to the hospital. He got to sleep at about 3:15 and managed to keep some water down.

Tags: Doctors, hospitals & health

 

Comments

1

Some more exciting adventures from Matt and Asher. Harvey says now you know what its like to be a teacher and have to negotiate with brats only he couldn't pay them off. Hope you are feeling better Matt - please let your Mummy know. Sounds like you had something horrible. How long are you staying in Cambodia? I thought the French influence was mainly in Cambodia.

  Harvey and Debbie Feb 15, 2008 10:55 PM

About da_misfit


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.