Existing Member?

asia-ash

Next Stop - Cambodia

CAMBODIA | Friday, 8 February 2008 | Views [373]

So we got back to Ho Chi Minh and had quite a time trying to get a ticket across the border. It was Vietnamese new year and not all services were running. We were just about to give up when we walked into our last travel agent we were willing to try. And we got a ticket. We were super stoked.

The border crossing went fine except at one stage they took our passports and we had no idea where they went and i was freaking. But it was fine in the end.

The start of our journey in Cambodia was not as pleasant as we hoped. We had only been in the country for about an hour when we saw the aftermarth of a motorbike accident. There was only one bike so it wasn't clear what happened but there was a bike, and laying flat out on the road under it was a man. He had his eyes closed and wasn't moving. Also there was a pool of liquid i assumed was leaking fuel until Matt pointed out it was around his head. Not at all a pleasant sight.

Within the next hour we saw another accident about a minute or two after it occured. It appeared to be between two ladies on motorbikes. A younger lady was being helped from under her bike, she was conscious but had a bloody face, she fainted. The other lady was not at all well. She was on the road and people around her appeared to be trying to revive her but instead of pumping her chest they were pressing her stomach! She was rolling slowly from side to side but she was not in a good way.

So as you can imagine we were pretty somber for the rest of the trip. We got into Phnom Penh in the afternoon and found somewhere to stay.

Tags: On the Road

 

About da_misfit


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.