Existing Member?

asia-ash

Phu Quoc

VIETNAM | Friday, 25 January 2008 | Views [647] | Comments [1]

We checked into our new hotel about 100 metres up the beach for half the price and including breakfast.  We had decided to get motorbikes for the day and cruise around the island sight seeing.  

We got our bikes and map and off we went.  First we headed to the main town Duong Dong.  Then we headed east across the island in the search of waterfalls.  When we got right to the other side of the island we realised that we had missed them.  So back we went.  No luck with the waterfalls we decided to find somewhere to get some food. 

We went to a German bakery close to where we were staying.  Unfortunately, the power had been out all morning (infact then for most of the day until about 5pm). So we couldn't get anything but a piece a cake.

Tim headed back to his hotel and myself and Matt decided to ride south.  It was fantastic although very rough.  The dirt road snaked the entire beach front showing us many private and secluded beaches.  We got off and wondered here and there.  We were attempting to make it to Bao Sai (I think) south east to us. We then got a little worried as the fuel guage never moved so we weren't sure how much fuel we had left. 

We headed for home after about an hour.  We had so much fun although we didn't make our destination. We got home in time for a clean up and then for dinner.  We were thankful the power was back on as we were famished.

We went to Rainbow bar for dinner.  Myself and Tim ordered the BBQ and Matt a curry. A few beers later we headed home.

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

tHE BIKE TRIP sOuNDS grEAT! can't wait to catch up already for stories. Keep having fun! bye Xj

  Miss Jess Feb 1, 2008 1:07 PM

About da_misfit


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.