Existing Member?

asia-ash

Take me to the beach

VIETNAM | Thursday, 24 January 2008 | Views [404] | Comments [1]

We got up at about six to see if we could get morning tickets to Phu Quoc. After much searching and trouble communicating it seemed the earlist ticket we could get was for 12:45.

Got on to the Ferry for a three hour trip to the island. Was fine and I slept most of the way. When we arrived we got picked up by a taxi sent by the hotel. Only I was under the impression it was going to be free, not the 50,000 dong per person it cost us. A Canadian couple going to a different hotel were charged 75,000 dong though so we didn't feel quite as bad. We booked the bungalow sight unseen with no recommendation though, as the island was mostly booked out.

The place was nice and amongest the action of Long Beach. In fact, funnily enough it was right next door to Eden (the sister bar of which we frequented in Saigon). Went for a walk along the beach and settled in. it was here I realised my camera was gone. Not sure if it was lost stolen or forgotten but gone. Hence no photos so far.

After we enquired about the cost per night we decided it was over our price limit for the trip and decided to move after the first night if we could.

We had an awesome seafood dinner at Palm tree underneath the stars right on the beach. It was heaven, made sweeter by the cheap beers.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

Well after paying that much 50 000 dongaroos, so you should enjoy a cheap beer... aussie style again...
more beer more beer more beer more beer......................................xj

  Miss Jess Feb 1, 2008 1:20 PM

About da_misfit


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.