Existing Member?

asia-ash

Bit more on Laos

LAOS | Thursday, 10 April 2008 | Views [671]

So the last Lao blog was a bit rushed and not done in the best conditions.  A bit more to add- in Luang Nam Tha we met up again with the English couple that we met in Cambodia.  That was such a nice suprise.  We had a beer and a catch up and this time remembered to get email addresses.

One of our last days in Luang Prabang we also did a Lao cooking course.  It was run by the 3 elephant cafe and was heaps of fun.  We cooked 5 different dishes and learnt a 6th.  There were only 4 of us on the course which was good.  An American guy from Washington who was working at a school in Bangladesh and a Japanese girl who had done lots of travelling. 

We started out by going to the market and checking out the main fresh ingrediants used in lao cooking.  We also saw somethings there that made your stomach turn - like blood jelly.

The Lao food was really easy to make and very tasty.  They included in the class a recipe book to bring home.  I look forward to testing my new skills on family and friends.

About da_misfit


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.