Existing Member?

asia-ash

More Luang Prabang

LAOS | Friday, 21 March 2008 | Views [649]

We fell in love with Luang Prabang and decided to stay for a bit.  For the rest of our time we did little more than hang around town, the rivers, and eat and drink.

We went to Martins Pub and watched another movie, American Gangster, and met a south african, an aussie girl and a dutch guy.  We visited other temples, went to a Mekong 'beach' and watched locals play in the water. We had a Lao BBQ which consisted of cooking meat and veges on a concave type stove on top of a coal fire at your table.  That night we also went to our first sort of Lao night club, Hive. (Although, by government restrictions everything closes by 11:30pm for people to be at their residence by 12.

We went to an experiemental lao restaurant and had lunch there one day, which was weird and wonderful.  We tried river weed and also buffalo jerky. 

Our last night we found a place by the river as we knew we had to catch a boat upstream the next day.  After we settled in we headed out for more night market action.  Then a fantastic food massage, followed by a great japanese/korean restaurant for sushi and fresh spring rolls which were suprisingly and exceptionally good.

About da_misfit


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.