Existing Member?

BAT out there

Bands in Boston

USA | Sunday, 30 August 2009 | Views [294]

Hoorah - it has stopped raining and in fact the weather is pretty bloody brilliant! So I am heading of to do some of the historic walking tour in the town centre. So having mastered the metro and purchased a freedom trail map off I set.  Saw lots of churches and quite a few graves.  Boston is quite compact in the centre so everything was nice and close together.  And I had 2 top resuls.  Firstly borders have an offer of $5 off any book so I bought King Leopold's ghost, then sat in a coffe shop with Latte and lemon cake to admire my purchase and next up H&M had $10off all denim so I go the grey jeans I wanted - Hoorah!  what an excellent day.

Continued on the Freedom trail and when I got to the North End area it was something like St Joseph's day and ther wer parades and marching bands so that was really cool fun.  One of the bands even had Harley outriders to clear the streets for them - excellent.

By now I was so hot I just had to head back to the hostel - what a change from yesterday, my fault for wearing a jumper out. Got myself some lunch from Wholefoods then chilled.

Later on Emily came back so we went and got Pizza together and had a right laugh.  So tomorrow is my last day in the USA, can't say i will be sad to leave.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.