Existing Member?

One Foot Off the Merry-Go-Round

Chatuchak Market in Bangkok

THAILAND | Thursday, 13 October 2011 | Views [427]

With more than 8,000 market stalls at this bargain shoppers paradise, it's hard not to feel blissfully overwhelmed with all of the options of goods (and not so goods) here. Travis and I spent all day at this market getting lost, in the best way possible. There was everything from underwear to parakeets to cookware, furniture, food, knock off ray bans, children (haha, just kidding... maybe). In the middle of it all was a food market... there were food vendors all around the market, but this food haven was where it was at! We walked into one of the seating areas and a man with a pad approached us. He told us where to sit, then took our orders. The ladies preparing our food were right next to us and they had this cooking thing down to a science. Incredibly fun to watch them prepare our dishes, however, even more fun to eat them. A man with his wife and two little boys sat next to us and we started talking. He was Thai but had lived in America for awhile so he spoke English perfectly. He gave us his contact information and told us if we needed anything at all, to call him. That's just how people are here... so kind, friendly and willing to do anything to help make your trip easy and fun. It makes me feel safe.                   Check out the pics of the market! 

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.