Existing Member?

Travels

Day 21 (7-25): Chile San Pedro - Jujuy

CHILE | Sunday, 25 July 2010 | Views [319]

- A long bus day today. 

- Bus was supposed to arrive at 09:30 am, but it did not come until 11 am. We spent another hour at the Chile immigration booth 3 minutes away from the bus station. The busload of passengers couldn´t help but wonder: Wouldn´t it save a lot of time if they asked us to check out at the immigration booth prior and the bus picked us up at like 10 am? There was this waiting area at the immigration office, and looked like it was what it was for.

- At the Argentina border, I started biting my fingers again. Argentina border closes from midnight till 8 in the morning - no wonder there is no night bus from San Pedro to Salta/Jujuy (even though it is a 12 hour bus). Border still a hassle (visa requirement ... again), but at least I got through in like 15 minutes. Thank God!

- They showed ´Pride and Glory´and ´Bangkok Dangerous´on the bus. ´Pride and Glory´is pretty good, but the disc started scratching at the last chapter so we didn´t get to see the ending. (Can anyone spill the bean please if you have watched the movie?). ´Bangkok Dangerous´is just junk - even Nicolas Cage can´t save the poor script. Bonus: Charlie Yeung ppeared in about 10 mins of the movie, as Cage´s love interest. Hmm ..

- Finally arrived at Jujuy at about 10 pm. Feel bad for those heading to Salta as they have another 2 hours to go. Checked into Club Hostel and met Camilla, a Czech gal, and we are checking out the Salt Lake (Salinas Grandes) tomorrow.

About cee_402


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.