Existing Member?

Travels

Day 20 (7-24): Chile San Pedro de Atacama

CHILE | Saturday, 24 July 2010 | Views [272]

- Third time walking the same ´trail´, but instead of stopping at Quitor Pukara (which I had been to twice), I decided to take it further to Toconoa and the Catarpe ruins. Honestly, I am kind of numb to ruins (and mummies). They have great historial values, tell a lot about the Peruvian´s culture and every one is different, but after  visiting 4, 5 of them, they start looking the same to me. I thoroughly enjoyed the walking though since the weather was gorgeous and the scenary was beautiful. The only annoying thing was that you had to take off your shoes and socks to cross the couple rivers in between and the water was freezng. Could have gone further to the Guatin Canyon, but made my way back before I reached the Canyons.

- At the hostel, I met none other than Katrina and Kara - the two gals I missed (dinner) at Arica. It´s a small small world for South America tourists/travellers. Kara had her backpack stolen at Calama´s bus station, and she needed to make a trip back to Calama for prescription as the drugs were not available at San Pedro de Atacama. Yikes. Nice to see familiar faces though and share travel experiences.

About cee_402


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.