Existing Member?

We must go.... ...live to feed the hungry, stand beside the broken.

Well...vacation time is over

USA | Wednesday, 20 June 2007 | Views [808] | Comments [2]

I give my life to the potter's hand...

I give my life to the potter's hand...

Well, we finally left New Orleans! It was fun....but I'm glad we're out of there. We went to Pensacola and stayed in an awesome hotel for a few days and then came here to Panama City where we are staying in my great grandparents' old house. We have been here since Saturday. We also had another team join us: our friends from the Florida Team: Matthew, Derrik, Rachel and Lauren. They are 4 of the most wonderful people and I am so blessed to know them and to have been able to spend the last 3 days with them. They left this morning, however, to Tampa for their next project which will start Saturday. We also have an upcoming project!!! FINALLY, we get to start what we're out here to do! We leave here Thursday morning and will drive to Ft. Walton Beach, FL to start set up. Keep us in your prayers about that. I have posted LOTS of pictures of the trip so far in the album: The beach and New Orleans. check it out. they are all of the photos that i have edited so they are extra amazing!!!! We have been having a great time, so far. We are growing as a team and as individuals. We have met some really incredible people. While in Pensacola, we went, one day, and worked at a Homeschool Math DVD INstructional video company (that's a mouthful) called "Teaching Tapes" with a man named Don. We went there because Don recently had knee surgery and there were a lot of little things that he just wasn't able to do. So we went to help out. We hung out with him all day, he shared his stories and we ate lunch with his wife and grandson and at the end of the day, he asked us to write down our names and things that he could be praying for/about for us. We held hands and he asked if we could pray together. This man did not know us. But he cried when we left. He cried and told us that it was an honor to get to know our team and that he loved us. Christ shone through his tears. It was such an amazing experience. That's the thing about this whole experience thus far, the people....these random people that i would have never met otherwise, have been positioned in my life in such a way that magnifies the love of Christ and proves, once again, that we are unified in Him. I have been blessed to share very intimate moments with people who have touched my heart for the 3 days or 3 hours that they were in my life. God is truly amazing!!!! I love my friends and my family and i am so thankful for your prayers! Keep it up!!! And keep praying for Stephen and he struggles to learn the Russian language and get accustomed to the culture there. I LOVE YOU ALL!

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

 

Comments

1

i've been keeping up with u through the journal.listen if u need me to come and sing,just let me know"haha".
bet u are looking forward to seeing mom&dad this next week.keep up the good work.i'm so proud of you.
love you,
uncle scott





'
'

  uncle scott Jun 21, 2007 5:34 AM

2

Looks like u are having a GREAT time! Just wanted u to know u are in our thoughts and prayers! Keeping up with u and enjoying it!Proud of u girl! Habakkuk 2:4.
Love u and God Bless u,
The Patterson Gang-
Tommy, Jennie, Ryan, Brooke, Andy, and Molly

  Patterson Family Jun 23, 2007 4:23 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.