Existing Member?

Me Love You Loooong Time!!!

Oh How Things Change....

THAILAND | Tuesday, 23 August 2011 | Views [438]

My idyllic start on Ko Tao went rapidly downhill. I'm now sat in 'Choppers' because I need to have breakfast with my painkillers and they do half-price here between 9 and 10. Hopefully the painkillers will dull what is, at the moment, excruciating sinus pain.

I'm wearing sunglasses (indoors) because my right eye and the surrounding area has various red patches of swelling, which means my face is seriously asymmetrical.

I don't know how the two problems are related, but can it just be co-incidence that the red spots and swelling is where I've been having sinus pain?

This all started a few days ago with sinus pain. The hunchback of Notre Dam appearance manifested itself one joyous morning a few days later.

The doctors seemed to think I had no infection, just inflammation, but now I have hard swollen lymph nodes behind the square of my right jaw, so I'm convinced I need antibiotics. I am visiting the doctor again today with a case prepared.

No diving for me for a few days. I pushed through the last stint of diving (assisting on a course) so I wouldn't have to do it again, but now I'm staying off until I'm better.


Not a happy bunny. I don't know if I can get this thing finished in time now. This is not like being on holiday anymore - time-pressures, less freedom, being ill... all things that exist in the real world that I temporarily escaped 3 months ago. Because I set myself this one-month deadline to do the divemasters, I have actually been living a fairly mundane lifestyle here - no partying, early starts etc. The diving was good to start with, but the memories of the good diving to begin with are now steadily being obliterated by the recent memories of feeling tired, run-down and in pain.

Some time-off now and hopefully within a week I will be better again (touch wood). During that time, hopefully I will get some theory work done so it's not time wasted and maybe even be able to relax if the sinus pain reduces.

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.