Existing Member?

Me Love You Loooong Time!!!

Muang Ngoi, Laos

LAOS | Sunday, 24 July 2011 | Views [670]

I've just realised that there's nothing in my journal about anything between Don Det and Chiang Mai. I had alot of wonderful and unusual experiences in Laos - maybe I'll write about those another time. But for now, I just want to include Muang Ngoi as a highlight, because it is possibly the best place I've ever visited!

It's a fairly remote riverside village, but has some conveniences such as guesthouses and easy access. Similar to 4000 islands, in that you can get a riverside wooden bungalow with a balcony and hammock overlooking the river and the fantastic mountain scenery.

My german friends and I stayed at Riverside Bungalows. Unfortunately (an understatement), I had to leave this place and (temporarily) my german friends after only one night to go on a desperate mission to find a decent internet connection (which eventually took me all the way to Oudomxay) to attend to some business. It was awful having to leave - the place is fantastic. SO peaceful and relaxing.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Muang_Ngoi

 

 

 

Tags: laos, muang ngoi

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.