Existing Member?

Me Love You Loooong Time!!!

Bangkok to Kho Tao

THAILAND | Saturday, 13 August 2011 | Views [522]

As Bangkok became smaller in the distance I could hear its low bass-like groans and cries as it lamented my escape.

The living breathing beast had not got me.

I flopped into the warm embrace of the dive resort on Kho Tao, already feeling pleased about my decision to go there.

'Since you've already paid for the Divemasters, you don't have to pay for any diving. You want to get in the water tomorrow and start your Rescue Diver the day after?'

'Hmm. Ok.'

Five dives the next day and I was knackered. 6am til 9.30pm on the go.

The Rescue Diver course passed without incident. It was slightly challenging at times but overall it was quite easy and fun.

During the 'Dive From Hell', the final assessment on the course, I had my regulator ripped out of my mouth twice, my buddy losing all control of his buoyancy and perhaps the funniest part was when the whole affair climaxed in me having to pull my buddy back down because he had dropped his weight belt and having sorted him out I turned around to find another buddy sat on the bottom looking straight at me with no mask on.

Life here is pretty damn good at the moment, to be honest it couldn't get much better. Diving every day, good weather and surrounded by nice and mostly happy people.

Rock on!

Tags: bangkok kho tao diving divemaster rescue diver th

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.