Existing Member?

Me Love You Loooong Time!!!

Ride that Wave

THAILAND | Sunday, 12 June 2011 | Views [461] | Comments [1]

It's occurred to me that solo travel, if you want it to be, can be like surfing a wave - a wave of people, friends, acquaintances, travel-buddies - whatever you want to call the various people you hang-out with. Once you start your travels you inevitably make friends with someone or a group, hang-out with them wherever you are and when it comes time to move on, if you want to you can go with them, so you never have to be alone if you don't want to be! However, as with any wave, sometimes it's a bad wave, or the wave runs out and you have to swim out on your own again and catch the next wave.

Marcel and his wife are reunited and Hannah is leaving in two days. I don't know what Helen is doing exactly, she's a cool girl but I don't think I want to hang out with her on my own for a few days. Katie said she might be going to Ko Lanta and I have noticed that apparently it's a great island to explore on a motorbike. So I might do that. It's either that or strike out on my own up North, the start of another beginning. The prospect of being on my own used to scare me, but having done it once and it's all come good (having met great people to hang out with) it no longer bothers me.

So onwards it is - either 'Hang out back' riding the gentle swell on my own for a while, or maybe catch another wave.

 

Comments

1

Ride the roller Son!

  Andrew's Old Man Jun 15, 2011 4:51 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.