Existing Member?

I wanna go Florida Stories and adventures from Around the World

Yoga in the wetlands

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 21 April 2008 | Views [733]

We slept the night near the Adelaide River crossing, on our drive east to Kakadu. We’d left Darwin later than we’d intended, and camped in a P along the way. There was a 4 wheel drive already there when we arrived at 12.

I awoke at 6.45, the sun light gentle on the van. We were parked underneath a host of young but shady ghost gums. My favourite bird as a child, a Willy wag tail, was hopping from branch to branch up above. There were dragonflies already darting about, and the soft breeze in the leaves created a soothing effect upon my ears.

Surrounding us was the beginning of the famous wetlands. Willowy grass bowed to the wind’s insinuating command, white, elegant birds fed unconcerned in pockets of glistening marsh, and brown goshawks soared in circles overhead.

I’ve experienced a sensation similar in a rainforest, or when we did our midnight walk in the Lofoten. Pure creation. I can feel it, breath it. Creation at its most intense. Life becomes delightful for no other reason than these beautiful places of abundant and diverse plant and animal habitat exist.

The boys were still sleeping, and happily, I rolled out my yoga mat.

I had no troubles concentrating or wondering what to do, or for how long, or thinking about ‘shoulds’ for my training. The morning’s practice flowed of its own accord. Effortless, easy and energising. Delight in motion.

And think, it was just the beginning of our trip to Kakadu!

Tags: allwelcome, ambassador van, t a j, yoga

About allwelcome


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.