Existing Member?

I wanna go Florida Stories and adventures from Around the World

The Beauty of the Rainforests - Springbrook

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 15 March 2008 | Views [842] | Comments [1]

The heavy, dense smell. The ground and fecundity.

The filtered light. Dappled greens with a splash of red berries.

And the dripping water. The sound of little streams, or the heavy rush of a nearby waterfall.

A Rainforest.

Springbrook.

We camped nearby for two days. We saw a red bellied venemous snake sunbathing on our way to the amenities. A magpie tried to steal our beans and a scrub turkey strutted its stuff near our car.

One of the family activities that suits us all, is walking/hiking along a trail. Jett's motor mouth is let free range. He plays games in his head, impersonating different characters from KND. Albert likes to oooh and ahhh about the creepy crawlies and I just LOVE the close ups - photos that is.

We're staying on the Gold Coast, and Springbrook is just a 40 minute drive away. Its accessible and has lots to offer everyone. I'm sounding a bit like I've got a stake in the National park, but, I was sincerely impressed with the beauty of the place.

If you're near by, or thinking of passing through, take a peek.

Tags: forests

Comments

1

"fecundity": now, if words like that are the sort of thing that eases out of this blog, then I'm all for it. I'm now going to find excuses to actually make verbal use of the word in everyday situations. I'd first better look up what in means in the dictionary though. You're broadening my horizons.

Keep up the good work Sniffles and Beetles. A soft pat on the head and a faux karate kick to Jett!

  Rich Mar 15, 2008 11:59 PM

About allwelcome


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.