Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

the day after - few days at the end of the world.

ARGENTINA | Wednesday, 21 May 2014 | Views [1631]


The friendly/funny young men who carried our bikes to the basement last night were no where to be seen the next morning and the person behind the desk gave us a look like: "you are kidding me, right?" when we ask for help to get our bikes out of there. I felt this sinking feeling of: I don't think this day is going to improve much. But, it was still morning and I do not need to judge the day before the evening!
James and I were sweating while working our bikes back to the surface (just the two of us) and finally stepping outside -the cool air felt so good. The person behind the desk said: Oh, you guys need some help? I was just about to come and check on you....
We are out and about again- no clue where to go.....checking a few hostels..nothing seems right. Heading out of town....in the direction of some glacier everybody is talking about- a place to visit....right....I don't feel like visiting anything- can't take any more in, here, at the "fin del mundo". I wanna be somewhere and let my brain "chew" on what I have done in the past 20 month.
Hostal Patagonia Pais

was right there at the corner and we were greeted with a warm welcome, a cup of tea and reasonable prices. The place is ours! Yes, a few days rest...this trip is far from being over: We gotta get back home now!
Our host showed us around and didn't leave out the abandoned bicycles in the back yard. Plenty of cyclist were sick of their gear and just left it here- wouldn't even bother selling it or packing it up to take home. I can not relate - my Gurly is dearer to me than anything I have been attached to (besides people). She is the pimple on my leg, the wrinkle on my face, the hair on my upper lip, the extra tough skin I developed on my bum. I love her as much as I can love a thing! She is coming with me where ever I go!
But now we get to be tourists again - FUN! Now we can go out and mix and pretend we are all the same.

The appetite for ice cream has long left us and now we are into MEAT - Argentine steak! Yeah! I took James and myself to a "all you can eat" place downtown to celebrate.
A couple of days in the last town of the continent before the Antarctic was enough and we bought our (as it turned out: 50 hour) bus ticket to Buenos Aires.

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.