Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

3 For The Road: Journey to Veliko

BULGARIA | Monday, 5 October 2015 | Views [387]

Yesterday was a nice day. I had a nice late breakfast at the hostel, and just sat around all morning, relaxing and talking to the others in the hostel, before catching the 1:30 bus to Veliko Turnovo.  

 

The bus ride was 4 hours long. It was in a minibus instead of a regular bus, and 2 others from the hostel: an American guy from California, and a New Zealand girl (Who  I was also at the hostel in Sofia with), we're going as well (to the same hostel in Veliko Turnovo)-so it was nice to travel with others-thus if I got lost, I wouldn't be alone

 

I had a seat empty next to me, so a place to put my bag down-so the ride wasn't too bad.

 

Finally we arrived at Veliko Turnovo late in the afternoon. We split a cab to the hostel which was only about $1.00 each. Veliko Turnovo is a beautiful town, and like most places I visited, I had no idea what was here. (The only reason I was here is because it was near a UFO type monument to the Soviets everyone kept insisting was worth going to). So I checked into the hostel (at first I had a room with a top bunk-but I was able to move to a room with slightly more people to get a bottom bunk), and then the three of us walked around the town, up and down the cobblestone streets and past shops. We even stopped for ice cream.

 

We walked back to the hostel in time for dinner at the hostel, which was beer and pasta (and  nothing else, no salad, desert, etc).   and then I sat in the common area where there are no chairs or tables, just pillows on  the floor and a small table with small chairs that looks like it belongs in a pre-school.  I sat with some of the others, drank a beer, and talked with them about travels, etc-before an early bedtime of 11:00 pm.

Tags: bulgaria, velico turnovo

 

 

Travel Answers about Bulgaria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.