Existing Member?

Vagabonding Our time being 'of no fixed abode'.

Bank Holiday Monday

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 28 May 2007 | Views [460] | Comments [2]

The next day is freezing with a forecast high of 8 degrees! This is supposed to be summer. If it is actually 8 degrees today it will set an all time record for the lowest high ever in May. We’re off to shop for wellies as the weather for the first festival this week looks yuk! We also need to get a mattress for the van and a few other bits and pieces.

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

Nice journal dudes. If you haven't already got the message, we tried each of your home brew varieties in the weekend and were extremely impressed. Am onto getting a sludge fermenting asap, and Rob has offered to be my mentor.

All looks well so far. We can't believe the size of the VW beast. In fact, so much so that we've all taken a year's leave without pay and will arrive next week to sleep in the top space. Sort out some apple thinning between festivals and all will be sweet! (None of us snore, which is a bonus).

Ciao

Kit

  kit May 29, 2007 2:42 PM

2

Ah Ha just found how we can communicate via the BLOG! Talk about educating the oldies! What a lovely way for you to record your travels, Pa has sent it on to a few who take an interest in your lives. By now you will be working your way towards the first festival, hope the weather forecast is not as grim as predicated. All great here, we are heading off to Nelson on Saturday after Pa has phootgraphed a school reunion and will spend a couple of days resting and going to the book fair and celebrating our anniversary, probably be back late Monday after which we will be starting on the lobby! Still enjoying a stunning autumn with lots of warm, still days. Have started forming the new bottom garden which I have decided to call the Secret Garden and hope to have it finished by the time you return. Gran is really good, we have given her the task of filing your emails and blog print outs into a ring binder. Just off to fold some cards now. LOve to you both and go well. Love Ma and Pa!

  Ma and Spa May 31, 2007 6:44 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.