Existing Member?

Vagabonding Our time being 'of no fixed abode'.

Picking up Vinnie

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 5 June 2007 | Views [498]

After another trek to the end of the tube (Zone D – who knew there was a zone D on the tube!) we arrived with our packs at Chesham to take possession of Vinnie. Then we were on a mission to replace the gas bottle and mattress they’d stripped out. The former owner is a musician/electrician so at least the very well appointed amp and speaker system are in place!

We’ve decided we’re not so good at the hippy thing, having picked up the van and headed straight to Ikea to fit it out! Mostly because they have good, reasonably priced matresses. The nearest was in Milton Keynes just North of London and having used the web feature of my phone to find it, it was conveniently located next to a huge ASDA (supermarket). So that day became Supply Day as we got all we needed on board for the next while. We soon realised that a combination of fatigue and non-policing of the carpark meant we’d found our free camp for that night!

We think we may not travel the world but just stay in the Ikea car park! They do 95p self-serve (i.e. Huge) breakfasts, the toilets at ASDA are good and available 24 hours. And lets face it, you won’t find better furnished lounges than those at Ikea!

Tags: On the Road

 
 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.