Existing Member?

Stories This compendium of infrequently updated stories is my attempt to share some of the beautiful things that came cross my way.

Berlin telling truth

GERMANY | Sunday, 26 July 2009 | Views [693]

Dear ones,

The time in Berlin went on. I explored my "Kiez" a little more, and slowly slowly get into the rhythm of this city. One of the not so known things for me was the fact of the large distances that lie between people. You really have to schedule a meeting with people. And there is so much stuff going on here...


So far, I haven't seen too much of it! Roaming the city yes, and no "great super big parties that were the best ever"... only nice talks in little cafes along the wrangelstraße. A visit to the Jewish Museum... what a feeling to be inside this constructed experience. It gives you time to contemplate your own identity, the identity of others, the past and the future.

I still try to get a grip on the lifestyle here in Berlin. First, I realized the toughness that you see sometimes in the U-Bahn at night, that I am not so used to (coming from that overpoliced city of Amsterdam).

Now another beautiful lesson is trying to make understand: how to seize the moment and take risks. Walking in the park, you let your eyes wander across the horizon, watching the sun go down, and a warm orange dance with the clear blue of the sky. You hear music, see people dance and talk, enjoying themselves. And then there comes that beautiful woman walking past. I see her, and she likes me. She crosses my way and keeps on walking. And I feel like "I need some time to realize". And then the chance to actually speak to her is over. And I probably won't see her again. Somehow, it feels like everything goes pretty fast, and you really have to have courage and lightness not to lose yourself and stay in what is really there.

That is frustrating sometimes, yet really wonderful to grow into. The city is offering this, the people living here.


This is it for now, I keep on going.

Everloving, I greet everyone who reads this!

Love and light for you, my dear friend.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.