Existing Member?

Pura Vida

Villas Farewell

COSTA RICA | Sunday, 21 November 2010 | Views [379]

This quiet little town tucked away in the hills of Mastatal has limited communication and technology. What it lacks in technology is makes up for in something we often strive for – quality. Here in Mastatal there exists a life that is so perfectly simple and satisfying that makes me so grateful for this experience. After a few hours of work each day we might make a trek into town, down to the waterfalls for swimming, head off hiking somewhere, or just lounge around with a good book waiting for the guy from La Iguana Farm to bring us delicious home-made chocolate and brownies. The dormitory is adorned with hammocks and swings to sit and watch the passing clouds and birds in the trees below. Rain that falls in the early afternoon inspires conversation, and brings out artisan skills in the group. After dinner we may play some cards or listen and learn from fellow volunteers that hail from all over the world. While these pictures will not do justice to this amazing place, I hope you enjoy them just the same as a record of my time at Villas Mastatal.

 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.