Existing Member?

Pura Vida

Adios Delaware

USA | Wednesday, 1 September 2010 | Views [518]

I’m already fairly certain that I am not cut out for blogging. As a reader, I don’t care about feelings, thoughts, rants… just tell me what you did and get on with it. But even a quick report of recent events can be overwhelming. Heck, I’m overwhelmed by the craziness of this month and can’t expect you to find anything meaningful from the list of my travels, where I’ve been and what I’ve done. So, in lieu of a blow-by-blow of my to and fro, let me tell you briefly about two major events:

Yesterday, also known as August 30th, led to my very last night in Newark, Delaware for the near future. After a weekend  at the cabin, I returned to DE to meet some friends for lunch at my favorite coffee shop, BrewHaHa, and exchange National Park stories, donated furniture to some friends, and met a good group of people at Homegrown for my last ENWC happy hour. Honestly, it was perfect, and I thank you all for coming out to help me celebrate. Today (8/31) was a day for cleaning, turning in keys, and the dreaded goodbyes. I have an extreme dislike of goodbyes, but somehow managed to make it through the day, AND, after six years of zipping up and down the Jersey Turnpike and Garden State Parkway, made it back to NY without a ticket (suckers!). On my drive home, I was lost in memories of my time at UD – of friends come and gone, and those still there that have made this past year incredibly rewarding. Thank you my friends!

Major event number two: holy moly I leave for Costa Rica in less than a week! AAAAGGGHHHHHHH!

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.