Existing Member?

Pommie Travels the World Victoria is a blogger who has been travelling the world solo since 2008.

M-ADELAIDE!!!!

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 15 March 2010 | Views [1316]

Adelaide, Adelaide, Adelaide?? Come March Adelaide changes itself into Madalaide. The place turns into a circus, literally. From the end of February to the middle of March the Adelaide Fringe Festival is on, with street performances, comedians from all over the globe, cabaret shows that really get the mind going and everything in between, including some aussie blokes making some rather interesting shapes from regions of the body that are un-thought of. That’s just the beginning.

Enter petrol head heaven. In roll the V8 supercars for a weekend of burning rubber, breakneck speeds and a rivalry that is so entrenched in Australian folklore that you must witness it to believe, this is known as HOLDEN vs FORD.

We just so happened to be in town for this session of octane fuelled fun. Staying at the Travellers Inn we could hear the cylinders ripping apart the streets of Adelaide. It grabbed our attention enough to stroll up the street to see some mean machines zip by.

We hooked up with Bel, a local Adelaide-ite who’s as mad as a cut snake, she ended up getting us some tickets to go into the race track to see Adelaide’s very own Hilltop Hoods perform live. Really fun show and you could really feel the hometown vibe.

So after fun and games in Adelaide we got out into the Adelaide Hills for some filming at Cleland Wildlife Park. We were lucky enough to spend some quality time with one of Australia’s more cuddly creatures, the Koala. Happy snaps, a spot of kangaroo feeding and then we jumped aboard Geoff towards Port Elliot for some final filming and editing.

If only life could go so smoothly. We managed to misplace, forget, lose, drop, leave or have stolen the charger for Vic’s laptop at the hostel. It was to late at night when we realised to do anything about it other than drink a few tins and deal with it in the morning.

Turned out fine after a little drive and a search around the hostel it appeared under a bed tangled up with some girls hair straightener. All good.

Bring on the final video……

Tags: adelaide, campervan, clipsal, fringe festival, roadtrip, south australia, trent, vantastic, victoria, world nomads

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.