Existing Member?

Pommie Travels the World Victoria is a blogger who has been travelling the world solo since 2008.

VANTASTIC'S OVER! (SNIFF SNIFF)

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 20 March 2010 | Views [1494]

After 6 weeks of action-packed, fun-fuelled adventure, Vantastic South Australia has come to an end!

We celebrated the end of our trip at Marble Bar in Adelaide with Alicia from World Nomads, Mark Leopold from Tourism South Australia and a bunch of tour operators at the Sabia Networking night.

With Geoff tucked up in the garage waiting for the Northern Territory winners to take to the wheel, we went on a wine tour of the Barossa Valley with Groovy Grape! Having been to Barossa before to have dinner at Jacob's Creek and make our own wine at Penfolds, it was nice to be able to have few glasses (or two or three) of wine without having to worry about driving!

We ate a few chocolate rocking horses and enjoyed a free cup of coffee at the world's biggest rocking horse, where Trent also got spat on by an alpaca.We only have one argument over the World's Biggest Rocking Horse- it doesn't rock!

It was then off to the Whispering Wall where you can stand on person at each end and hear each other's whispers before beginning our day of drinking!Apparently this little feature was only discovered after they built the wall.

We tasted as much shiraz, cabernet, cabernet sauvignon and port as we could in 3 wineries including Jacob's Creek, Seppeltsfield, and Vinecres, before enjoying a BBQ in the shade.  Off the bus, we continued the partying back at the hostel with our favourite tipple- port.

We celebrated our last night by going to the Adelaide Oval to watch the Rugby Sevens with Mark Leopold from Tourism South Australia. Great atmosphere although England were beaten by the USA! Australia won against Niue so Trent had the last laugh.

Now its time to edit the final video and await the vote from July 2nd! Hope you like what we've got in store and thanks to everyone who's followed us!

We'd like to thank World Nomads, the tour operators, tourism SA and all the people we've met along the way. We've had a great time.

 

 

Tags: adelaide, backpackers, barossa valley, drinking, oz, party, roadtrip, south australia, travel, van-tastic adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.