Existing Member?

Pommie Travels the World Victoria is a blogger who has been travelling the world solo since 2008.

A BREAK FROM GOON IN THE BAROSSA VALLEY

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 7 March 2010 | Views [2373]

After all that action on Kangaroo Island we decided to go for a relaxing break in the Barossa wine valley. Barossa is South Australia's main wine producing region and we were certainly in need of a change from all that goon slapping on KI!

We picked up the keys to the Wilderness YHA in Adelaide and headed on up to stay at the Barossa Valley Farmhouse which we had all to ourselves!

We toured Barossa in something a little different- a joy ride in a trike! We put on our bandanas and helmets and hopped aboard the trike with our guide for a 30 minute tour of the area and stopped at a beautiful lookout in Angaston.

The following day we went to Jacobs Creek for a vineyard tour and some wine tasting- hic! Trent attempted to create a surfing terminology of wine- although we're not sure our guide was impressed! We also enjoyed a tasty lunch and to wash it down, wine, wine and more wine.

Finally we had the opportunity to blend our own wine at Penfolds. Rather like scientists in a laboratory we had three wines and three goes at blending them together to create our own special wine in our personalised wine bottles! 

Tags: barossa, jacobs creek, penfolds, road trip, south australia, trent, vantastic, victoria, wine, world nomads

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.