Existing Member?

I want to.....I will!! Yes I am learning Shaolin Kung Fu :P

KL2 and Melacca- The END

MALAYSIA | Saturday, 22 September 2012 | Views [321]

Now back on the bus and to KL. The drive was boring, I couldn´t sleep very well and the drive was quite short, so we arrived at around 5.30am in the morning. I got to the Metro station in KL and had to wait till finally the trains even started driving. That´s when I figured, why not go to the KL Tower and get a ticket up to the sky bridge.

At 7 when I made it there, were already people lining up and now some time ago it was free to go up there, at least the early ones. Well not any more, you have to pay 80 ringits now, which are about 20 Euro. Well no why should I want to go up there than? No need I decided and went for search for a Hostel. Now it was already around 9 and I went back to China Town, but couldn´t find the Hostel I was looking for. Tired and just wanting to rest I walked in the first one I saw, asked the girl coming down if it was clean, she said yes and I went up to ask for a bed. Just 15 ringit for a night, it really was clean and it was quite comfy. Also the owner is just a really nice person. So I got into a 3 bed room, well it had no A/C but a fan which was good enough for me and also the showers were really great. It´s called Birds Nest, there are two in China Town. It´s great I recommend staying there to everyone, they have doubles two for quite good rates.

Now having settled in I just wanted to have some rest and watched a bit TV on my laptop before going for a shower and finally taking off.

Well if you´re wondering why I came back to KL, to be honest I wanted a place where I knew where what was and just go for some shopping and relaxing. So that´s what I did, I went back to the huge shopping centre, but to be honest when you´ve seen the first three floors, skip the rest it´s not interesting at all. Because most shops have the same stuff in them and you are no able to try on, so better have a good eye if you are able to wear those asian clothes or not. Considering my size I knew some stuff just would have been to short but I managed to find one top, than a set with blouse and little jacket, another shirt, a skirt (which I totally love) some jewellery for just 25 Euro. I was quite happy with that, went back to the Hotel were I met another German Girl, so we went out and had some dinner, nearly went out to late, because most shops were already closing. She also tried some kind of pancake and was totally full after that, I had enough with my noddles, which where yummy spicy =)

We went back and decided to have a look what´s going on in a bar close by, but it was rather boring, besides a crazy, old Malay guy who tried to dance with me and really gave me the creeps, nothing happened and because alcohol is not that cheap in KL we decided to call the night quits and better to go back to the Hotel.

Down and done, a exhausting shopping day...


Well yeah going to meet my aunt today. Had to get all the way out of down to grab a bus to Melakka, but just for 9 ringit, can´t complain, great price. Take the new bus station, there all the locals go to too. Don´t take the ones in the city centre otherwise you may end up paying 30 ringit and from china town there is a line going directly over to the outside bus station, so not to difficult to reach.

My bus drive was quite short but I missed my aunt on the station, I was already on the bus to town and they decided to take a taxi, guess who got away cheaper? Especially because my uncle didn´t ask the driver to put the meter on. Well always do that in Malaysia. If you ask for it they usually have to put it on, if they don´t take another taxi.

The Hotel we stayed in was a bit more luxurious than the places I stayed in. A soft big bed, A/C fridge and everything you want with a good Hotel. So pure paradise for me after my 12 days rather funny experiences. My little cousin and me would share one room, my aunt, the baby and my uncle the other one. So we brought our stuff up into the Hotel and took of to see Melakka.

A lovely town, I wouldn´t call it city but a cute place. If you like colonial style buildings it´s right for you. China town is basically one street with many restaurants, we went to eat there and it was all right but the best was the decoration. Ohh and I had tee eggs, which I think taste great. So from there we got some ice cream, which was in a kind of egg with two feet. It looked so funny, but was not the most practical to eat. But the lower part would be great for real breakfast eggs.

Well from there we walked back around to some temples, the kids were so quite that we were all surprised. Seems like you just have to take them out and give them lots of new stuff to see to firstly make them tired and secondly make them quiet. We stayed in a small bar on the river, which is really cute made and on the colonial site somehow it doesn´t smell as bad as on the china town side. I know this is so mean to say, but it was true. Well maybe it was just the wind direction that changed.

Now if you are without kids I´d say you would be just fine with 1 day. It would be possible, if you like to take your time and maybe go a bit shopping too, than better go over a weekend and relax.

Ahh and if you really want to do something unusual get on one of the bikes and let the driver take you through the old town in there very colourful wagons, which each playing some kind of music, from Hip-Hop to Classic, find your song :P

There wasn´t much more, we went basically back to the Hotel after having some beer or better said trying out all different kinds and because the kids were really tired. I presented my Sari and I have to say they are really comfy, I think I will be wearing them more often, also at home and I got my cousin, he well asleep after making his typical turn once around, like a little puppy going in the circle to find the most comfortable place. He slept the whole night through, well I didn´t because I checked on him again and again, so that he wouldn´t be in danger of falling from the bed and waking the whole Hotel up.


We slept through and my aunt woke us up in the end, with a happy and awake baby in her arm. They had not so much luck as me and the little one woke up quite early, so they decided time to get breakfast. So she took her older one along to and went ahead and I got myself ready before following them down to the Hotel Restaurant. The food was all right a mix out of western and asian, so for every taste something. We walked than after that back to the Holland Buildings, and looked at an old church, with tons of stairs up there, which was lovely, with old grave stones and without roof and also a quite nice view over the whole town. Next to it were some more historical buildings and that was basically it. There is not much more to see, so we went shopping in one huge place and had a fun time with that. Had to search for some headphones and I think food stuff. So than we just had time to kill and went into a McDonalds with a Playground and my little cousin took of. He was soooo cute, running behind girls the whole time and trying to touch their legs. Yeah he just is two years old, you got to start early these days :P We had a good laugh and than got a taxi back to the hotel and later on the bus station. Our bus was supposed to leave earlier but it was Ramadan time, so the bus just didn´t arrive and was more than half an hour late. Very annoying, but it can happen, I mean the bus driver has to eat too at some point. So we were awfully late back and my uncle who had to go to work the next morning was quite tired. I was just kind of annoyed because of the border crossing, had to fill out the entry form again, which took me some time, but luckily the bus didn´t leave without me ;)


Well that´s it in the end....this were my short Malaysian Holidays^^

About vampyrlady

Lying there, not doing anything-.-

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.