Existing Member?

Mid Life Crisis - Kilimanjaro 2015 Challenger both Body and Mind

Wibble, wobble, Wibble - I’m not going to Kilimanjaro- Kilimanjaro Blog

TANZANIA | Tuesday, 18 August 2015 | Views [1216]

Mr Bean Wibble

Mr Bean Wibble

 

So it’s happened! I’ve wobbled over the sheer enormousness of the challenge I have ahead of me and more importantly, the fact I will be leaving my wife, son (as he goes to school) and couple of week old baby, for 12 nights. Lots of things added up to make this happen, Tracey is huge and we are now talking of due dates in weeks, we are now in August which means the baby is now “this month” and Kilimanjaro is now “next month” in any conversations.

 

We also agreed baby names between us (which will stay a secret) and Tracey’s finished work. Nesting is happening in the Mattravers household.

 

I’m still struggling with time to fit in as much training as I can; this wobble has meant it has been hard to motivate myself. A few things motivate me, including the drive to make sure I get to the summit, sponsorship is a massive motivator (which has been fairly flat over the last few weeks) and wanting to do the best I possible can for all of you lovely people who have sponsored me.

 

I dragged myself out on my bike on Wednesday lunchtime for my now weekly fitness test around the local hills against the clock. It was hard work and I was not enjoying it, not motivated and the wobble was getting bigger. I realised I was in danger of undoing all this good training if I let myself go now, so I pushed on. Rushing around and really pushing myself on, but I didn’t feel I was doing too well. Hard to tell on the time as I had to stop and wait for a flock of sheep to pass me on the road! When I got back I found I was within seconds of the fastest time I had ever done, three minutes faster than the week before.

 

The MOJO was back. Add something else to the list of things that motivates me. Proving that I CAN do this

 

Sponsorship is on £3640, 72% of target. A donation of £30 will provide six calls for people in their hour of need, a donation of £60 will provide crucial information leaflets for 5 people (families) who’ve been bereaved, a donation of £81 will provide for a series of 3 bereavement counselling sessions, a donation of £162 will provide for a series of 6 bereavement counselling sessions.

Please go to https://www.justgiving.com/Tony-Mattravers/ to donate.

Tags: challenge, charity, frustration, hard work, killimanjaro, panic, panic, summit, trekking

About tony_mattravers


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Tanzania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.