Existing Member?

So... What Are You Waiting For? Carpe Diem - Live the Dream

Concluding My Winternational Adventure

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 14 May 2011 | Views [389] | Comments [2]

Honey I'm hoooome!

SOOOO much has happened since I left Tahoe (nearly a fortnight ago now). 

Tom and I left Tahoe early morning of the 1st and made our way to San Francisco to catch up on the last of our sightseeing tourist stuff. The sun was out to play and Spring came out to give us a decent farewell, so we decided to make the most of San Fran by foot and walked the length of Golden Gate beach all the way along to the bridge, across it and back again. I figured we'd be on a plane for 13hours we might aswell make the most of stretching our legs! We also drove down Lombard Street (San Frans "crookedest street") and took in the last of America's goodness - food and all.

The day after we got back to NZ was my University Graduation. I'm so pleased I made it back to the country for this event; it was such an awesome day and worth every minute. The procession in the morning right through to the brunch and the ceremony in the afternoon followed by a lavish family dinner at a lush Italian restaurant in the city afterwards. Needless to say it was a HUGE day and come mid-afternoon I was battling some serious jetlag. Proud to have my degree certificate on the wall, it's officially official. Yahoo! Bring on an awesome career in teaching.

The weekend following that was of course my incredible boyfriends graduation. Because he missed his home campus' (Massey Albany) Graduation - as we were still in America - we road tripped down to Palmerston North for the Manawatu Campus Graduation. With Tom's parents in tow we were treated to a night in the Hilton Taupo for some quality rest and relaxation, followed by yet another fancy celebratory dinner out at the Waterside Restaurant (A must-go-to for anyone stopping by Taupo). The next day we drove another 3 hours to Palmy and spent the day festively celebrating Tom's milestone day. I'm so incredibly proud of his efforts; graduating with a Bachelor of Business Studies with a double major in Marketing Communication and Sport Business Management!!

Thus far it's been full on with graduations and catch up. Only in the past couple of days have I managed to have a breather and just chill. For the next 3 weeks that I'm here I've got my best friends engagement party, my other best friends wedding and a whole lot of planning and organising for our backpacking adventures throughout Europe.

For now, I'll take in all that is Aotearoa...my home...my family and friends...and of course, the OCEAN

Ka kite ano

xxx

Tags: an update thus far, back home, graduation, new zealand

Comments

1

Yay! We are off again soon! I'm so proud of you for graduating! xoxoxoxo

  Tom May 15, 2011 3:01 PM

2

Oi lazy! Write some more blogs!!:D

  Tom May 26, 2011 5:31 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.