Existing Member?

So... What Are You Waiting For? Carpe Diem - Live the Dream

Why Pay More?

USA | Saturday, 16 April 2011 | Views [3490]

When it comes to flying, renting cars and booking accommodation, I constantly have my eye out for the cheapest deals. If you're anything like me and want to save money when your travelling, then you need to check these websites out. I guarantee they will help you as much as they've helped me! 

Top Money-Saving Sites for Booking Flights

1. Airfare Watchdog Make sure that you always check this site to find the lowest airfare prices around the web.

2. Kayak This is a leading site that searches all of the best online deals from different airlines and sends you to the cheapest sites to book your flights.

3. Smarter Travel You can use this site to find hotels, cars and packages, too, but it’s especially good for finding cheap airfare.

4. CheapOAir Another all-around booking site with good airfare deals. Make sure that you look at the “Top 25 Deals” section when booking your flights.

5. SkyScanner This is a very user-friendly site for people who are interested in booking a cheap flight.

6. AlternativeAirlines This site tends to be more popular with people booking from Europe but is also a great little-known choice for Americans who want to get affordable flights.

7.Yapta Use this site to book airfare. Also use it to get notified about airfare refunds!


Top Money-Saving Sites for Booking Accommodations

8. Airbnb Individuals in many cities rent out their homes or portions of their homes to travelers. You can meet new people, stay in comfortable full-service accommodations and get a great price by booking with them through this site.

9. iStopover This site is very similar to Airbnb and provides another great option for booking cheap stays with people in the cities that you’re visiting.

10. LateRooms This is a good site for finding great last-minute deals on international hotel stays.

11. Hotels.com You can sometimes locate good deals with this popular hotel booking website.

12. BedandBreakfast.com Look for low prices on country-style inns with this unique booking site.

13. Hostelz On the other end of the spectrum, look for great deals on youth hostels.


Top Money-Saving Sites for Renting a Car

14. Expedia This site is known because you can book all parts of travel with it. However, you should know that it’s an especially good one for finding low rental car prices.

15. Orbitz This is another popular travel booking site that is worth heading over to if you’re looking for a good rate on a rental car.

16. OneTravel This is another site that can be used to book other things but is especially good for renting a car.

17. Vroom Vroom Vroom This site uses a standard comparison tool to help you find the cheapest rates on car rental in various cities.

18. Compare Car Rentals This is a global search engine that helps you find the best car rental prices at a range of different destinations.


Top Money-Saving Sites for the Full Package

19. Bing Travel This search engine does a great job of helping you find the best vacation packages around the web.

20. Priceline You can bid for some very low prices on full vacation packages using this favorite site.

21. Hotwire Vacations and cruises can be found here at a low price.

22. Trip Mama The “packages” and “travel deals” sections of this website both make it easy to find good prices on your trip.

23. RezHub People who are interested in green travel can find good deals on their green travel package here.

24. Cheap Tickets In addition to your package you can also use this site to book cheap event tickets at your destination.


Additional Top Money-Saving Travel Booking Sites

25. iExplore This is a great site specifically for finding and booking good deals on adventure travel around the world.

26. Gilt Groupe Jetsetter Sign up for a free membership to this website and you’ll be offered some really terrific hotel deals in great exotic locations.

27. Luxury Link This is another site that you sign up to be a member of if you are interested in affordable luxury travel. You can then find good deals on travel by location, interest and other details.

28. Cruise Direct People who are interested in cruise vacations will find this site to be a good travel booking option.

29. VolunteerAbroad Use the drop down search engine options on this site to find affordable places to volunteer your time abroad.

Tags: cheap travel, websites

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.