Existing Member?

So... What Are You Waiting For? Carpe Diem - Live the Dream

California Here We Come

USA | Friday, 27 November 2009 | Views [407]

So here we are in sunny Los Angeles. Now this was undoubtedly the craziest and coolest place I've ever been. Unfortunately we were only here for 3 short days but we crammed in as much as we possibly could. 

Day 1 involved finding our own way round all the hot spots via public transport (an experience not to be missed) and seeking out all that we could see and do in the mere 8 hours of daylight we had left.. jet-lagged or not. Being a shameless Twighlight fan, the day was planned to attend the New Moon premier, however after making a failed attempt to FIND the premier was that day we cut our losses and took action to see the sights of Santa Monica Pier, Venice beach, Hollywood, and of course our local hood - Inglewood (which I later found out is known as the bronx of LA and was given credit for "getting out alive"!) We stayed at a dodgy backpackers which was all part of the crazy experience, that is, LA.

Check out the video above for a snap-shot of day 1, courtesy of Tom's movie making abilities haha.

Day 2 Tom and I took a series of buses and trains to the famous Universal Studios and after that spent the evening roaming the streets of Universal City. AH-MAY-ZING! The highlight of Universal was by far the studio tour which took us on a behind the scenes cable-cart tour through all of the studios and get a running commentary on where and how Hollywood movies are made. Of course all of my fav movie sets were explored such as the War of the Worlds set (where they come out of the house and there's a REAL-life bowing 747 all ripped to shreds on their front lawn), Wisteria Lane from Desperate Housewives, the set of Jaws, The Mummy and much much more. A must-see for anyone planning to make a day of Universal Studios!!

Check it out http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/attraction_studio_tour.html

Day 3 we met up with our good mate, Mark Taylor, at the hostel and all took a cab back to LAX for a quick flight up to Canada to begin our season abroad.

LA you will be missed but will no doubt be back again to see and do the rest.

PEACE! x

Tags: hollywood, inglewood, santa monica pier, universal studios, venice

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.