Existing Member?

The Woodies Travel

Day 52

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 7 August 2011 | Views [277]

Today we chatted with another neighbour in the park who has a problem with his car affecting the head of his engine and the gasket. He is expecting a bill of $5000 just as our neighbour in Townsville was expecting a bill close to $4000. We are keeping everything crossed hoping we don't have any of these problems which would certainly put a hole in the holiday fund. The Whitsunday area is truly paradise with aqua coloured sea, boats and yatchs galore, hills and mountains covered with rainforest all around, and wildlife to enjoy. It is very much a holiday destination catering for those interested in water sports and for young people wanting to hang out at a bar. There are plenty of restaurants and certainly enough to do to keep a couple of aged caravanners going. We visited Shute Harbour this morning and booked our reef cruise for tomorrow. John then watched the Crows actually win against Brisbane while I went in search of some beach towels which we decided not to bring with us as someone thought we were carrying too much in the van all ready!!!   

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.