Existing Member?

The Woodies Travel

Day 10

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 26 June 2011 | Views [481] | Comments [1]

Today we visited the Alice Springs Desert Park - a great Alice venue. The bird display at 10am was fantastic. Birds including galahs, a magpie, owl and kites flew around the venue and over the heads of spectators and the presenter. They had been trained to fly to obtain food but went back to their other trainer after their section ended. The next ranger organised activity was a visit to an excellent nocturnal animal house where we saw snakes, lizards, owls, bilbies, mala and hopping mice. We then attended a session on how the aboriginal people survived in central Australia before white settlement – a most entertaining and informative presentation. After a wander around the park, especially the bird enclosures, and lunch, we then went into town to visit more galleries.  

Comments

1

Hope all is going well. Have need to have an op. on my little finger, and the finger next to it (not so bad). It is the Ulnar Nerve. That is just under my right elbow. Shift it to another spot. Hopefully my fingers will regain some feeling again - will possibly take a long time. Fingers crossed I can still go on the cruise.

Cheers, Jenny

  Jenny & Peter Jul 17, 2011 9:06 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.