Existing Member?

The Woodies Travel

Day 41

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 27 July 2011 | Views [289] | Comments [1]

Today we slowed the pace of activity but had a very enjoyable day. Our first stop was 4 mile beach near Sharon and John's holiday house. Then we drove up to Flagstaff Hill lookout where the view was fantastic. Any one out there with a lot of money may be interested to know the block of land just below the lookout is for sale! Our next stop was Christopher Skase's Marina Mirage shopping centre, which I imagine is not quite what it used to be, but still a pleasant stroll, followed by morning tea. Another Coles shop up to prepare for the trip to Cooktown tomorrow was followed by a little down time during which Lyn contacted the Council office in Mossman and found where our great uncles were buried. We managed to find Harry's plot in the Mossman cemetery but were not so fortunate with his brother Richard Trenam. Harry was also listed on the Honour Roll at the Council Chambers in Mossman for his efforts in WW1. Both Lyn and I were happy we were able to visit the relevant cemeteries as part of our family history investigations which we will continue in Cooktown. The day ended with an excellent Chinese meal at Han Court, a restaurant about 100 metres down the road from the caravan park. So now its time to get the van ready to be on the road again.   

Comments

1

Hi, just a short note to you both. It sounds fantastic, and John looks very relaxed!!!!! Also you Cinny but haven't seen you. Enjoy Cooketown - lovely day here Cinny, grandma is fine - and walked with her walker to the hair dresser. Pete went to see her on Monday. She sent home some pea soup.

  Jenny & Peter Jul 28, 2011 10:05 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.