Existing Member?

The Woodies Travel

Day 33

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 19 July 2011 | Views [383] | Comments [1]

Drove from Georgetown to Atherton today with varying road conditions. The first part to Mt Surprise had lots of one lane only sections which are very scary when a road train is coming the other way. We then were travelling through Savannah woodland with a few more tropical looking trees starting to appear. The next section to Mt Garnet was mainly very good road with only small sections of one lane. The final section became more windey with hill climbs and then descents but travelled through magnificent country. There were huge tree ferns in sections but I was too busy looking I forgot to take photos so the one included does not do the area justice. We will make up for this tomorrow!! Also cleared land for agriculture but these gave us the chance to see the huge vistas of the ranges and valleys. The park we are staying in (BIG4 Atherton Woodlands Caravan Park)is one of the best so far - very clean and lovely gardens. The rest of the day was washing and relaxing.

Comments

1

Will have to make note of the places you've stayed that you have enjoyed, may come in handy if we're lucky enough to trace your tracks. We've always met nice people in caravan parks who are more than willing to help and always have handy tips from their own experiences. Some people are quite entertaining!!

  Anne Huggins Jul 24, 2011 12:58 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.