Existing Member?

The Woodies Travel

Day 14

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 30 June 2011 | Views [237]

Fortunately a couple parked across the campground from us had jumper leads suitable for a 4 wheel drive and the know how to use them. They had to drive to Darwin that day but were quite happy to help and stop for a chat. We have found most people very friendly and helpful to a pair of ignorant, beginner caravaners.  So after the morning sunrise and dingo photo we were able to continue our trip to Tennant Creek in the hope of info about our existing battery or a new one. The only info was that it was charging well and there was no new one, so with fingers and everything else crossed we continued on to Daly Waters pub where my Mum worked as cook/housekeeper for 6 months in 1959 or 1960. (By the way, we passed a totally wrecked van and car that looked like they had rolled just north of Renner Springs – the third damaged van we have come across. The first was near Kings Canyon where the car went off the edge of the road and the van axle completely sheared off. The axle and wheels were about 100metres down the road from the van. The second was the same day when we stopped for lunch a tow truck was trying to winch a van onto its tray top. Apparently the van had run over a dead kangaroo on the road and had written off its suspension. So our little battery problem seems pretty minor. ) The outside of the pub is much more spruced up that I remember and the inside was decorated with a range of things people visiting have left behind.  We joined Alan and Carol whom we met at Devil’s Marbles for a beef and barra meal, and to hear the local entertainment.

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.