Existing Member?

The Woodies Travel

Day 7

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 23 June 2011 | Views [226]

The day started with a dingo wandering through the caravan park and later some bright green parrots eating a wild melon that can be seen growing everywhere up here. We walked the Kings Canyon rim walk today, a very steep climb at the beginning so we took several rest and photo stops.  Once we reached the top the views were impressive and the kind of scenery we think of as very Australian. Although the walk was up and down over rocks it was not too strenuous or scary if you didn’t get too close to the edge. We chatted to other people doing the walk which all adds to the enjoyment of the experience.  We had dinner at the Resort Barbecue with our neighbours in the next van – two couples who are related and sharing a van they had specially designed. They had two vehicles so don’t have to unhitch the van as they visit sightseeing places in the other car. We had a very enjoyable evening, not only the good company, but also the entertainment provided by a couple whose stage name is The Roadies. They got everyone involved and were very funny. Loved their dancing toy rabbits.

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.