Existing Member?

where in the world is steph.... Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? -- Mary Oliver

haunted castles

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 11 October 2004 | Views [591]

My last Scotland e-mail was a little rushed, not that this one will be much better, but where I am sending this from a castle, I thought you might all appreciate it.
That’s right, tonight I will be sleeping in a castle that has statues in the main hallway, an art gallery, and a ghost, who knew youth hostels could be so sophisticated..........but first Ullapool.....

We ran into a guitar festival there by accident, but because we are lame, we got to town hall kind of late and didn't want to pay for tickets as they were expensive. So my sophisticated mother and I sat in an alley on a bench outside of town hall to listen to the end of what was some amazing guitar music. The next morning we walked around the seaside town, spent way too much money and headed south to see the coast line. There were beautiful red sand beaches, a gorge with a crazy swinging bridge (it was a foot bridge and no warning that it would be moving), and sheep in the middle of the road. It made for a wonderful afternoon Sunday drive through the highlands of Scotland. We then ended up back in Inverness and found a lovely b&b that was very pink. That is when mom looked at the tickets and realized we weren't leaving the next day, but rather the day after that.....so we have an extra day in Scotland....wahoo! So we headed north along the eastern coast, stopped at a whisky distillery, and this crazy place called Tain. We some pics in church yards, and continued north to the Carbsidale Castle, a youth hostel in the highlands of Scotland. Can’t think of a better way to spend my last night!!!!
Have enjoyed Scotland and the fall colors, could have easily spent at least one more week here. Oh well guess you never have enough time.
Hope this e-mail finds all well. I am off to London and then Greece....to see my crazy family.
cheers ~steph

Tags: Adventures

About stephhef


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.