Existing Member?

There and Back Again Not all those who wander are lost

One of those Days

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 11 December 2007 | Views [422] | Comments [1]

I've been homesick a couple of times in the trip (already i know!) mainly on days when i've been sat around with little or nothing to do and thinking that at least at home i'd have people to talk too or things i could be doing.

But if i'd of been at home i would have missed out on days like today, Crocodile jumping day

Out on the Adelaide river in a boat with four other people, surrounded by crocodiles and watching them swimming upto the boat and jumping out of the water or running up the mud bank in order to be rewarded with food.

Was definitely something else! so close we could hear the snapping of their jaws on the meat, and close enough that i got sprayed with mud when one of them charged up the bank to get its food.

The photo of the hat is there because at one point the wind blew my hat off my head and into the water, the croc didn't miss a trick, it pounced on my hat and had it in its mouth before it was encouraged to take the meat instead. We got the hat back, but annoyingly... there are no teeth or bite marks on it to forever name it as the crocodile hat, oh well.

Its back to the hostel for cheap pizza and icecream, and probably an early night, as we have the mini golf tournament tomorrow to play in!

Though that depends if there is a thunderstorm tonight, as we might go chasing photos of purple lightning.

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Cool! Sounds like a sweet day out! Not as exciting home here, chasing pigeons is all the wildlife I get to experience.

  Finners Dec 12, 2007 9:04 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.