Existing Member?

There and Back Again Not all those who wander are lost

imperial helicopter festival

JAPAN | Thursday, 25 October 2007 | Views [458]

we headed into central tokyo today, or at least to the imperial palace and the surrounding district.

on working out how to get there id found a godzilla statue in the guide book, which meant we had to go visit it (and yes theres a photo of gomez with him!) its just not uploaded yet

we also spent time in the sony building looking at 4 or 5 floors of up and coming products which ranged from interesting through strange to the downright stupid that just looked cool.

due to rauls beastly camera, and the fact mines a good few years old im looking for a new one, so the sony shop with no tax drew me in, but i havent bought one yet, there is supposed to be cheap electronic equipment in one of the other tokyo districts which we will be looking at over the weekend.

we did (ok i did) drool over a 2m long high definition tv that weighed 93kg and took 650w to power, thankfully there wasnt a price attached.

the imperial gardens were peaceful to walk through, large and impressive, yet it was slightly disappointing that it was the only section open. you can only get a tiny snapshot of the actual imperial castle and its grounds, and its not visible from the gardens itself.

also inside the gardens was a museum with some very interesting artworks released by the imperial family to be put on show, only downside was we werent allowed to photograph them

Tags: Sightseeing

 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.