Existing Member?

sophsossig general diary to keep all the folks at home upto date on our shenanigans in India!

Day 1 - It's Bloody Mental

INDIA | Friday, 12 January 2007 | Views [517] | Comments [2]

12th Jan 07 arrived in Delhi (to our slight disappointment!!)as were offered 400 pounds by BA not to take our flight today because of overbooking and instead fly tomorrow. Unfortunately BA did not pick us in the end and we got our flight as scheduled and a 10 pound voucher to compensate for the awful torture of tempting us with all that money and then snatching it back! The dosh had been spent in our heads - flight to Thailand and a night in a maharjas palace. But it wasn't to be . . . . .

I have been pleasantly suprised by Delhi since our arrival - all the stuff we read about is here - millions of red & green rickshaws, cows wandering the street, poverty and poo on the street but none of it is too much. It all adds up to a city jam-packed with character and  so far really nice people too! Had my first lassi and loved it (natural yog through a straw) and have booked into De Holiday Inn in Pharmaganj. Chose a bit of luxury on our first night here but still only 4 quid a night each. Gonna chill on the rooftop terrace this evening and get some decent sleep before trying to cross the road outside tomorrow - the bloody locals aim for us foreigners here, Annie has already had a near miss (their just teasing i'm sure!!)

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

hey soph!!
how r u?
i will check ur page regulary!!
hope india is awesome and u definitly hav to cum over soon!
missin ya !! xx lotz of luv fleur xxxx

  fleur Jan 13, 2007 4:50 AM

2

Hi Soph and Annie,

Glad you arrived safe and sound in India, shame BA didnt pay out!!!

So jealous but so happy your travelling and doing cool stuff!

Take care, enjoy and be snap happy I want to see pics!!

Lots of Love Scilly Becs! xxxx

  Becca Jan 13, 2007 10:50 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.