Existing Member?

The Wright Journey This is a travel jounal, written by me sophie. I leave on my travels for 8 and a half months and return mid august.. im hitting Hong Kong, Australia, Fiji, Chille, Peru, Mexico and Brazil. Il be working whilst in Oz and when I am in Mexico for three months I will be teaching English to primary school children and helping with sport and other extra curricular activities. Il be based in a village on the west coast, that is only accesible by boat- Talk about throwing myself in at the deep end!! It will be an experience and one I am sharing with my best buddy- Daisy Dixon! Whom many of you know- We are two peas in a pod and I cant wait to go on this wodnerful adventure, full of fun, laughter, danger, excitement, fear and much much more. Enjoy... ALL MY LOVE...MISSING U ALL. X Sophie

SAN FRAN

USA | Friday, 15 December 2006 | Views [620]

San Francisco

 

An eventful three days in San Fran begun with us wondering if we were in America or not, with Japenese/Chinese and Koreans everywhere from the moment we stepped off the plane, from checking passports to actually sharing a dorm with two girls from South Korea. However it did mean that we ate a very scrumptious meal in China Town…so good that we had to walk home with our trousers unbuttoned and passed out fully clothed at 9pm. Actually we passed out the night before (due to jet lag) and woke up at 10 for a midnight Oreo milkshake and monterry jack melt at Louis 24 hr diner..which we couldn’t even begin to finish the portions were so huge. We confess, we returned the next morning for a short stack of blueberry pancakes..yummy!! (lets contest to the other meals we could not finish)

 

NB: Pak and Jack, frequently popped up on every trip from Heathrow all the way to Australia. We never spoke but got hysterics every time we saw them.

 

Despite being extremely jet lagged we managed to spend a long day, walking almost everywhere in the city and even up the Coit tower where we saw some wonderful views over the Pacific Ocean and the whole of San Fran!! (P and J were here) Infact we pretty much ticked off the majority of the tourist checklist with a little help from ‘BoNITA’ and Kent our newly found gansta friends, who even offered to cook us dinner ‘chicken and rice’ and to take us to a PaRRTAY to REGGAE!! (We gratefully declined). When approaching the pier where our ferry to Alcatraz departed from we were greeted by a ‘Riot’, ‘Protest’, chanting and shouting ‘BOYCOT HORNBLOWER’, Typical Yanks. But we went anyway. ALCATRAZ is a prison on an Island where some of the most famous gangsters spent most of their time, Al Capone ‘Scarface’ and the ‘Birdman’ (P & J were here). We visted Golden Gate on a bus- a long bridge..need I say more, also passing Laguna and driving down the hill where princess diaries was filmed.

 

Daisy bought a camera so soon you can see the rest of our snaps. It was a bit of an ordeal though, especially when the Turkish selling it pretended he was Abramovich’s cousin and Tarkans brother!! (Touch wood it wasn’t a dodgy deal)

 

We loved San Francisco however Daisy’s phobia of ‘drugged up tramps’ was tested a little and was constantly grabbing my arm and watching her back (excellent travelers technique)….no thats not fair I was being aware of the potential hazards…sensible I thought!

 

That’s about all apart from the shops were amazing, (Bloomingdales/Macys/Juicy) but we were good and didn’t buy anything (apart from a few things from Victorias Secret)

 

p.s. dad- thanks for the wheels for my bag- Daisy went blue when she had to pick hers up and fell over backwards on the tube.

 

Tags: Sightseeing

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.