Existing Member?

Smiley Nix Big Adventure Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji - Starting March 29 2008

Meanwhile, back in Bangkok ...

THAILAND | Friday, 18 April 2008 | Views [559] | Comments [2]

Hi

I've been on another photo frenzy!

Headed back from the islands in the South of Thailand yesterday and I'm now back in Bangkok, staying in the same place as before. So I'm taking advantage of the free internet hee bnefore I start to head up north and on into Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia - during May.

I was relieved to make it back because the bus (of which there is a picture) was bleeding water everywhere at the service station we stoppped at about 10 minutes after leaving the port at Chumporn (where the bus from Koh Tao docked). We then broke down twice (albeit very briefly) in the next 2 hours, so it was a bit touch and go.

Saw some beautiful scenery during the 10 hour trip back! Sounds like a long time, was a long time but when you've got all the time to do what you like it doesn't seem that bad! Hark at me!

I'm still finding this city a bit mental but having had two very relaxing weeks ever, that's hardly surprising! Koh Tao was definitely my preference, though both islands were beautiful. I'm looking forward to doing more snorkeling when I get to Indonesia.

The other people in the pics are some friends I know from back home, Marcus and Lydia, who were over here on holiday. They hired an ATV for a couple of days whilst on Koh Tao and I joined them for an evening out and we all went inot the local town on it, which was great fun (in  a terrifying kinda way)!

Today I visited the amazing Grand Palace. It is like nothing I've ever seen. The photos just don't do it justice. But you've never seen so much gold and ornate finishing in your life. It was truely spectacular. Even the massive downpour/thunderstorm  I encountered in the middle  of it didn't spoil the visit. If you ever get the chance to come here, try and make time to go. Even if you are not into your temples I don;t think you could fail to be impressed.

I'm heading off tomorrow to Kanchanburi to have a gander at the Bridge Over the River Kwai and learn a bit more about all that. Really looking forward to getting back to nature again. Cities are great for a couple of days but I like being out in more natural surroundings I think.

As I head up north, updates may become a bit more sporadic but I'll do my best!

Hope all is well with you all.

TTFN

Nx

Tags: bangkok, grand palace

Comments

1

I am very envious of you miss hill!! Will be floating around that side of the globe last three weeks of June - a couple of which will be spent in Aussie and one in S'pore. I have a feeling that you will still be in SE Asia at that point though? Have fun in the 'nature' and thanks for all the thorough updates!
rich

  Rich (SCC!) Apr 29, 2008 12:22 AM

2

:o) I am rather lucky aren't I?! Still a three week holiday to Singapore and Oz isn't too shabby either.

My plans are still a bit of a movable feast. Since starting out I've learned that you don't know until you get somewhere how long you want to stay for! Going by present estimations there's a good chance I will be on my way to Bali for the end of June - a little sooner than I thought - but we'll see. If I go via Singapore and there's a chance for paths to cross I'll give you a shout :o)

Take Care

Nx

  smileynix Apr 29, 2008 6:16 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.