Existing Member?

Slavic Trails

Phuket

THAILAND | Saturday, 1 May 2010 | Views [403]

Having contested with the Volcano and the Red Shirts, I managed to meet Mona on time at Phuket airport. Our Hotel is situated on Kamala beach.

Because of the trouble and the impending rainy season the crowds are thin on the ground making the place pretty awesome. weve pretty much had our own private beach and swimming pool for the past week, The pool even has a bar in it that stays open as long as youre drinking.

THeres not too much to see on the actual island, when a tour includes a visit to the cashew nut factory you know youre struggling for ideas, but the beaches is what its all about. Definately the most expensive place ive been to so far, but compared to England its still pretty cheap.

Yersterday we went to on a tour of Phang Nga Bay. Phang Nga Bay and Halong bay are same same. Apparently so much so that scenes from Good Morning Vietnam were shot around this area only this time the sun was with us. The Bay is home to James Bond island (from the film Man with the Golden Gun). Pretty cool to see but I was disapointed that they didnt have a Nik Nak look a like to greet you as you step off the boat.  

Saw a fat aussie guy fight at the local kick boxing stadium down in Patong. The have kick boxing fights there pretty much every day.  

We are heading to Koh Phi Phi tomorrow, after we settle the hotel bill. Weve been signing food and drink to the all week....  

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.