Existing Member?

Sloggs' Travel Blog A journal of my travels in 2008 & beyond...

Island cruise and snorkeling

FIJI | Friday, 4 July 2008 | Views [1310]

The view from my hammock on South Sea Island off of Nadi, Fiji!

The view from my hammock on South Sea Island off of Nadi, Fiji!

After a second successive bad nights sleep (hopefully not a feature of my Fiji visit!), I was off to the main port in Nadi to take a cruise out to an island for the day. The island was very nice, apart from the big digger moving sand on one side of it, and the handy men banging nails into the new Buri they were making in the middle of the island, lol! We were greeted on the beach with a song from the staff which was cool. I spent the day swimming, snorkeling (in very poor visibility waters), kayaking and generally getting into 'Fiji time' pace of life! It was seriously hot in the morning, but a cloud cover made the afternoon a little easier on the skin. Tonight I ate at the hostel, a great curry for a few quid and packed ready for my flight tomorrow...

About sl0ggs

Me with the kids at Cawaro Village School during the Vitika Trek

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Fiji

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.