Existing Member?

Sloggs' Travel Blog A journal of my travels in 2008 & beyond...

Relaxing on Koh Lanta

THAILAND | Wednesday, 26 March 2008 | Views [2821] | Comments [1]

A snap from my beach on Koh Lanta... lush mind!

A snap from my beach on Koh Lanta... lush mind!

I'm currently on an island called Koh Lanta, off of the south east coast of Thailand. Basically I'm being lazy and chilling before heading back to Bangkok for two days and then heading off for the next leg of my trip to Australia on the 31st March.

My flight from KL was straight forward and then I organised a minivan and ferry trip to the island from Krabi. I had to wait for a while at the airport, but I got chatting to a Finish chap who plays a lot of poker online whilst waiting, so had a good chinwag and made a good new contact at the same time...

Once I got to the island it was late and I was glad I'd booked one night at a place on the beach of my choice. The price was not good, but the next morning I negotiated a new one in order for them to keep me there, and am well happy with the place. The facilities are superb for the price and it is seriously laid back here...

I spent the first day at a local beach, just south of the resort, swimming and relaxing and trying out the wonderful Thai food in a couple of places along the beach. I will seriously miss Thai food when I leave, not to mention the majority of Thai people being really cool.

Today I went snorkeling to Koh Rok, which is 45km south of Koh Lanta. Two perfect little neighbouring islands in the middle of the ocean, surrounded by reef and beautiful clear water. It was a good day and I spotted plenty of fish I knew and some new stuff that I hadn't seen yet. There were no 'big' things like turtles or sharks though, but it was still very nice. I got up close to lots of clown fish, of various species in their anenome's and saw a couple of really big lobsters hanging out under some rocks.

I've hired a mean scooter for the day, as I needed to find a better internet cafe from the one on offer at the resort, plus tomorrow I will have an explore around the whole island, where I can hopefully go to the east coast and do some sea kayaking in the mangrove over there, it is supposed to be really nice... (I'll get a picture of my scootaaaay tomorrow for you! ;-))

That's all for now... I'm just chillin!

Laters

Sloggs

[Some pics from Koh Lanta and Koh Rok for you on Photobucket]

Tags: beaches & sunshine, lazing, snorkeling, swimming

 

Comments

1

I'm so jealous of you on those beaches in the sun!!!

  Jo Mar 27, 2008 12:09 AM

About sl0ggs

Me with the kids at Cawaro Village School during the Vitika Trek

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.