Existing Member?

Sloggs' Travel Blog A journal of my travels in 2008 & beyond...

Jungling tomorrow in Kinabatangan

MALAYSIA | Tuesday, 4 March 2008 | Views [2154]

This morning I got up, had breakfast (toast and cereals FTW) and caught the local bus into Sandakan. I checked into the Mayfair Hotel, which is super cheap and really its a hostel, but it doesn't have a restaurant or communal area. It is actually really nice for the price, very comfy and clean and a really friendly chap that runs the show. He helped me make a call to secure a room in my next town on Friday too.

I went for a wander around the town, bought a few things (including a very good head torch for a few quid) and then went up to a place called English Tea House, which is recommended in the Rough Guide. It was waaaaaaaaaaaaay too quite for me, and not really what I expected. It has a croquet lawn and fancy 'English' garden ornaments adorning the place! I had a curry here as the prices were good and I didn't see anywhere I fancied between there and my hotel, it was actually really good! The waterfront in Sandakan is undergoing major development, but it still looked ok in places.

I'm just chilling out tonight now, and in the morning will meet up with the trek, again using the local buses and go and get hot sweaty muddy and wet!

Catch up with you all on Friday/Saturday... be good now! ;)

Tags: on the road

About sl0ggs

Me with the kids at Cawaro Village School during the Vitika Trek

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.