Existing Member?

Charissa' s Travel Journal

Day 4 - Six Senses at Koh Yao Noi

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 18 April 2012 | Views [643]

Wow, wow, and WOW! This place (Six Senses, Koh Yao Noi) is one of the most incredible that I have ever stayed. What an amazing location for Kylie and Aidan's wedding. Another early start today to get our transfer to the private Six Senses boats awaiting us at a very flashy looking dock. The boats were different to the one on which we travelled on during the Hens Day. The whole experience really began with the boat, where I had the fortunate position of lying on a bed at the back of the boat. We were given cold, lemongrass sented face washers and Six Senses property made water to make the trip a little more comfortable. The view was spectacular through the entire trip but as we approached Koh Yao Noi the only audible sounds from the boat were gasps and the clicking of cameras. Our first view was of pristine blue water, green vegetation and beautiful villas dotted all over the hill. We moved from the boat to the floating pier where Aidan's aunty unfortunately cut her leg open. We climbed a few stairs and were greeted by 20 or so smiling faces and a dozen buggies. We were quickly whisked into a buggy where we were introduced to our very friendly butler, Pop, and our driver. The general manager even came to introduce himself. We were swiftly driven through the masses of green vegetation to our private villa. Kristy and I were gob smacked as we were lead through the gate into our courtyard. In front of us stood an infinity pool surrounded by lush green jungle, sun beds set with cushions and towels, a very large cabana filled with brightly coloured cusions, a coffee table that converts to a chess table and floor to ceiling windows facing into our room. You are left wanting nothing at this resort, I hardly even have to think apart from whether I'll swim in our infinity pool or the one on top of the hill! Our room consists only of walls made of glass and opening cane doors and windows. A HUGE bed lies in the middle of the room which looks out to jungle and our pool. In a seperate area you can find a very large bathroom area complete with changing room, indoor and outdoor showers and a massive bath looking out to the lush green vegetation and wildlife. We were given a pillow menu from which we could select from approx. 15 different types of pillows and fragrances to have sprayed on our pillows at turn down. I selected orange. We had an unbelievable list of things we could request at no charge, from nail clippers to a man to play tennis with if we'd like to practise our ball skills! There is so much more to describe but I'd be here forever. A quaint beach, lily ponds with an abundance of frogs (and one cat who stalks them), restaurants in thatched bungalows and a rather impressive library area in which I am currently sitting. The library area has a view of the lily ponds, swinging beds to relax, a bar and a never ending supply of books, magazines, dvds, reading glasses and smiling staff to assist. But the real moment where our breath was taken away was when we reached the Hilltop. An infinity pool at the top of the mountain with a 180 degree view of the surrounding islands (also with a pool side restaurant, beds with a view and an abundance of staff to cater to your every need) WOW! I'm pretty sure I'm in heaven at this location! Needless to say the rest of this day was filled with swimming and the beach, swimming at the pools and a yummy Italian dinner!

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.